The Elite-7 has a 7-inch fishfinder/chartplotter that combines CHIRP Sonar with DownScan Imaging™, built-in GPS antenna and basemap. The Elite-7 CHIRP includes all of the proven features recently launched with the highly successful Elite-7 HDI with the addition of CHIRP sonar technology -- providing greater sensitivity, improved target resolution and superior noise rejection for clearer, easy-to-see bait fish and game fish targets.
What are the CHIRP Advantages?
Until CHIRP, most fishfinders used a single-frequency signal, considered to be the sonar standard for marking depths as well as fish targets. And, 200 kHz is generally considered a good single-frequency option for shallow to mid-range depths (to around 300 feet) and 50 kHz is a good option for greater depths. However, single-frequency operation does have its drawbacks. For example, to increase sensitivity, you increase clutter on the display—both near the surface and in the water column. But, if you reduce sensitivity, you could miss fish targets. Because CHIRP sonar uses multiple frequencies at once, you are able to see fish targets better than ever before. Individual game fish are now more easily identified in or around bait schools, and game fish are more easily seen when holding near structure or the bottom. You also get the clear benefit of a clutter-free display. And, all of these advantages are available whether you’re fishing an inland lake, or off the coast on a deeper saltwater trip.
Elite-7 under the spotlight
• CHIRP sonar advantages
• Easier to identify and distinguish bait and game fish targets.
• Better target identification at greater depths.
• Mark fish clearly at faster boat speeds.
• Exclusive Lowrance Elite-7 CHIRP advantages:
• Multiple CHIRP ranges from a single transducer.
• CHIRP sonar performance with a greater number of affordable transducers, including the Lowrance HDI Skimmer®.
• View multiple CHIRP sonar settings on one display.
• DownScan Imaging™ provides picture-like images of fish-holding structure beneath a boat.
• Selectable single-frequency sonar operation with award-winning Broadband Sounder™ performance.
• Highly accurate, built-in GPS antenna plus a detailed U.S. map featuring more than 3,000 lakes and rivers and coastal contours to 1,000 feet.
• Optional chart upgrades include Lake Insight™ and Nautic Insight™ PRO and HD, Navionics® Gold and HotMaps® Premium, Fishing Hotspots® PRO and Jeppessen C-Map Max-N.
• Create your own map from real sonar data that you record with Insight Genesis™
• Brilliant Elite color display for enhanced widescreen visibility and viewing detail in all conditions.
• DownScan Overlay™ technology overlays DownScan Imaging onto CHIRP Sonar.
• Advanced Signal Processing (ASP) reduces the need to manually adjust settings to see fish, structure and bottom detail more clearly.
• TrackBack™ to review recorded sonar history including structure, transitions or fish targets, then pinpoint locations with a waypoint.
• New page selector menu with quick access to all features using one-thumb operation
• Multi-Window Display lets you quickly choose from pre-set page layouts - including a three-panel view with chart, CHIRP sonar ranges and DownScan Imaging.